Submitting the annual report to the Wyoming Secretary of State is one of the essential obligations for each Wyoming LLC.
It is a rather simple process that your registered agent can do for you, or you can do it yourself. If you subscribe to our Managed package, it is included in the subscription fee.
What is an Annual Report?
An annual report is a yearly filing required by the state of Wyoming for all registered businesses. It provides an updated snapshot of key business information, ensuring the state’s records remain accurate and up-to-date.
Filing this report is vital, as it helps maintain the good standing of your company with the Wyoming Secretary of State.
When to File the Wyoming Annual Report?
The annual report is due each year on the first day of the month when the company has been incorporated.
Some examples to give you a better idea:
- An LLC incorporated on 24 May 2023, the annual report is due on 2 May each year;
- An LLC incorporated on 3 June 2023, the annual report is due on 1 June each year.
You may file your report as early as January 1st of the due year. The state won’t remind you to file the report. It is up to you to take care of that.
Late filings can result in penalties and even potential dissolution of your LLC. Hence, it’s important to ensure timely filings.
How to File an Annual Report in Wyoming
You can file the annual report yourself, or someone else can submit it for you.
Filing the annual report and the state fee are included in the Neubase Managed subscription package. Our registered agents submit the annual report on behalf of our customers to ensure everything is done the right way, to ensure their compliance, and protect their privacy.
If you want to do it yourself, in Wyoming you have two primary methods to file your annual report: online and by mail.
Online Submission of Annual Report
Filing your Annual Report online is the quickest and most efficient method. Here are the steps involved:
1. Visit the Wyoming Secretary of State’s online filing system.
2. Enter the required details of your LLC and verify the information provided.
3. Review all the information before final submission. Make sure everything is accurate.
4. Complete the payment process. You will receive immediate approval for online submissions, and a receipt will be emailed to you.
The processing time for online submissions is typically immediate.
Mail Submission of Annual Report
For those who prefer a more traditional method, Wyoming allows you to file your Annual Report via mail. Here’s how:
1. Download the Annual Report form from the Wyoming Secretary of State’s website.
2. Complete the form and print a copy.
3. Prepare a check for the filing fee and attach it with your completed form.
4. Mail the completed form and payment to the Secretary of State’s office.
Processing times for mail submissions may vary, so it’s advisable to allow additional time when using this method.
Filing Fee Details
The filing fee for the Wyoming Annual Report varies based on the company’s assets located and used in the state. This may include real estate in Wyoming, money that you keep in local banks, and so on.
If you run an online business from anywhere in the world, it is highly unlikely that you own anything in Wyoming, therefore the filing fee for you will be $50. This fee is included in the Neubase Managed subscription fee.
The Wyoming Annual Report is not just a piece of paperwork—it’s an essential part of keeping your LLC compliant and in good standing with the state.
It’s advisable to let someone else, like Neubase, take care of your annual report compliance. If you do it yourself, don’t forget to mark your calendars and set reminders to make sure you don’t miss the due date.
Remember, timely filing of your Annual Report helps maintain your business’s smooth operations and keeps the state updated with your latest business information.